Out with the old, in with the new! I’m applying this catch phrase to a lot of areas in my life during this New Year: furniture, clothes, attitudes, and even my toothbrush. It’s recommended that we replace our toothbrushes every 3-4 months and what better time to start that than January. For those of you who haven’t made any New Year’s resolutions, it’s not too late to start now and add benefits to your oral health while you’re at it. As I was throwing away my old toothbrush, I got to thinking: what are some other uses for this? Maybe it’s because I grew up with a dad who worked for the sanitation department of our town so I have recycle at the top of my head or maybe it’s just because I don’t like to waste things. In either case, I’ve compiled a list below of 10 fun things you can do with your old toothbrush.
- Use your old toothbrush for cleaning all of those hard to reach places. Think behind the toilet, down the drain, air dryer vents, even in-between the keys of your keyboard; the options are endless.
- The next time you’re in the bathroom furiously trying to touch-up all of your gray roots, grab your old toothbrush.
- When you’re trying to get dinner ready after a long day at the office or you just need five minutes of peace and quiet, hand your five year old your old toothbrush, a piece of paper, and some paint.
- That same five year old who you left quietly playing in the playroom yesterday, only to find one wall of crayon drawings. Grab your old toothbrush, squirt some shaving cream on it, and scrub away! It’s like magic; it will take the crayon right off of your walls.
- When your eyebrows are going every which way, toothbrushes make excellent eyebrow tamers.
- Old toothbrushes are perfect for cleaning the fish tank and even the fish furniture and fixtures in the tank.
- Old toothbrushes also come in handy to get off old or rough skin and keep your lips rejuvenated and kissable.
- Make your diamond ring sparkle again by adding a little toothpaste to your old toothbrush and cleaning it. Rinse off the residue with a clean cloth and BAM! Your ring will be as new and sparkly as it was the day you received it.
- You know the dirt and gunk that gets stuck under your fingernails and is hard to remove? Oftentimes the bristles of your old toothbrush are much softer than a nail brush and will do the trick of removing whatever’s under your nails without causing any discomfort.
- You know how your eyelashes become clumpy from the mascara after a while? Get your old toothbrush out and brush out your eyelashes. Voila! No more clumpy eyelashes.
Join me this month in taking the first step to better oral health by replacing your old toothbrush. We welcome you to stop by our office, Charmoy Dental, to pick up your replacement toothbrush at any time.
924 State Route 10 West
Randolph, NJ 07869